Gregor's Room

 






    Upon reading Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis, I was motivated to capture the dilapidated and melancholy feeling that Gregor's room possessed. In order to give the furniture a worn in feel, I opted to make and use paper pulp to form all of the furniture. In order to give the furniture a worn in feeling, I dyed the paper pulp prior to molding it to produce an inconsistent coloring that would occur as a result of being used over time. For the blanket, I could not use paper pulp to capture the same feel, so I opted to use a sheet of paper that I painted with ink, then spilled water on to produce a stained and used appearance. I kept everything relatively miniature in scale due to the crammed feeling that Gregor experienced within his bug body, and in his room. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touch Assignment

Sustainability Project: Mending

Dinner & A Movie